Instalación y actualizaciones SaltOS

Questions: 119 (last: 25/01/2018)
Responses: 419 (last: 09/03/2018)

Foro dedicado a todas aquellos asuntos relacionados con el hosting, la instalación, y actualizaciones de SaltOS

Installation problem

Nick: j.weiss | Date: 22/04/2012 | Time: 14:37 | Responses: 2 (last: 28/04/2012)
When I try to install SaltOS-3.1-4941.noarch.php everything looks fine.
When I connect with a browser to the appropriate page (http://..../saltos/) I get the Installatione procedure (directories, language, external programs, database, etc.)
Normally I choose mysql as database.
When I finish the Installation and the program asks to start SaltOS the complete installation starts over again.
I checked, that the database saltos is created and the entries look good to me, but I think the index.php should be overwritten by the installation to point to the "real thing" but something seems to go wrong.
I dont know what I should do. Please help.

System:
Debian squeeze

Re: Installation problem

Nick: Josep Sanz | Url: http://www.saltos.net | Date: 22/04/2012 | Time: 23:36
Hi J.Weiss.

The normal procedure that the wizard must to do is remove (or rename) the install directory when the setup ends. I'm detecting that sometimes, the wizard does not apply the correct procedure and when the users click to the "Launch SaltOS" button, the wizard returns to the first page as begining the initial setup. At this point, you only need to rename or remove the install directory: if you are executing SaltOS from the user directory, remove the install directory, and if you are executing SaltOS from the code directory, rename the install to __install (this is the default scheduler of the wizard when runs correctly).

Thanks by your feedback.

Josep.

Re: Installation problem

Nick: j.weiss | Date: 28/04/2012 | Time: 13:26
Thanks your tip worked fine, and thanks for your product. it's just what i was searching for.

XML lines
PHP lines
JS lines
XSLT lines
CSV lines
CSS lines