This morning DynDNS has removed the domain used by the demo server and it has been Inaccessible for some hours. Now I use NO-IP and everything is ok.
- Updated the libraries:
- Cookies (jQuery plugin)
- PHPlot (PHP plugin)
- Masonry (jQuery plugin)
- Archive (PHP plugin)
- TCPDF (PHP plugin)
- Form (jQuery plugin)
- WordPress (PHP plugin)
- jQuery UI (jQuery library)
- RFC822 addresses (PHP plugin)
- Mime Parser (PHP plugin)
- PHPMailer (PHP plugin)
- PHPExcel (PHP plugin)
- Added the libraries:
- EvalMath (PHP plugin)
- html2text (PHP plugin)
- Silk icones (Servidor plugins)
- PHPass (PHP plugin)
- Password Strength (PHP plugin)
- Removed the libraries:
- PHPThumb (PHP plugin)
- Jesus Camara found the CVE-2010-1598
- The vulnerability was corrected in the release r5104
- In the release r6194 the phpthumb library was eliminated in SaltOS
- Improvements to the database drivers (SQLite and MySQL)
- Improvements to the installer
- Integration of phplots improvements using maps
- Improved calculator widget (now does not require external binaries)
- Fixed several bugs reported by users
- Rewritten support for mobile devices (with jQuery Mobile)
- Tested on www.000webhost.com (now installed without using shell commands)
- Added a new icon theme (Silk is now the default theme)
- Emulation for pushstate, replacestate and onhashchange (useful for mobile devices based on Android)
- Improvements in the JS and CSS minification
- Fixed a bug that affects some applications with the Catalan translation
- Added support for correcting the problem of max_input_vars
- Added support for selectable text in the PDF viewer
- Added support for using priority and sensitivity in the emails
- Replaced the SHA1 by BCrypt in passwords (to avoid dictionary attacks)
- Added password strength indicator
- Added support to PHP 5.4
- Fixed a security bug (PHPExcel vulnerability announded by Stefan Schurtz)
- Added support to MariaDB (replacement for MySQL very much efficient and faster)
- Added file indexing (to allow search in the contents of uploaded files and attachments)
- Added support for RTL to allow new languages as Arabic.
- Added the Arabic language of Saudi Arabia.
- Improvements in the setup wizard.
- Added some example data (thanks to www.generatedata.com)
I hope you like this new website. In a short time, the contents will be updated to show the new development branches of the SaltOS project.
Another good story about MariaDB: https://www.archlinux.org/news/mariadb-replaces-mysql-in-repositories/
You can read the entire news in slashdot: http://linux.slashdot.org/story/13/03/24/1625240/longest-running-linux-distribution-slackware-adopts-mariadb
Open Source And Responsibility: http://felixge.de/2013/03/07/open-source-and-responsibility.html
PHP is the right tool for the job (for all the wrong reasons): http://blog.samuellevy.com/post/41-php-is-the-right-tool-for-the-job-for-all-the-wrong-reasons.html
Thank to Mohammed Mubarak by write the translation of SaltOS to Arabic. This has helped me to add support for RTL languages into SaltOS. You can enjoy this new feature from the nightly versions.
Dinahosting has confirmed that continue the sponsorship for another year to the SaltOS project, giving a free linux hosting for the website. As always to all those who collaborate with these projects: Thank you.